Professional Certificate in Medical Case Management (https://www.extension.ucr.edu/certificates/9698660/CE1817/medicalcasemanagement)
Become part of one of the fastest-growing segments of the health care industry with a certificate in medical case management. Case managers are in demand in a variety of settings, including acute care, social services, home care, mental health care and ambulatory care.
Participants in the certificate programs will:
• Understand the function and rules of the case manager within the managed care industry.
• Obtain the practical skills needed to assure that quality care is maintained or improved -- despite pressures to reduce costs.
• Understand the models, settings and varieties of case management.
WHO CAN BENEFIT?
The Medical Case Management program is designed for Registered Nurses and other licensed healthcare professionals who are looking to explore new career paths, qualify for new positions and continue their professional education.
• California Board of Registered Nursing continuing education credit (provider #11713)
• Qualified Professional Case Manager:
o Meets the education requirement for RNs to become QPCM-certified.
o Registration/ exam fees significantly discounted for program graduates.
• Certified Case Manager (CCM) continuing education hours
The Commission for Case Management Certification administers the Certified Case Manager (CCM) designation.